Monday, May 14, 2007

MAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

Umm...dun ask about the title.

So I realized that I haven't posted since the graduation...so I figured I should say something. First, let me point out that I'm really not the sentimental type except in very rare occasions, and over the past two weeks I've had two moments and they didn't last longer than ten minutes. The first was during the first week home. I went to my Uncle Glen's house to see if he was done with the sales paper (I needed to clip coupons and there wasn't a single paper left in town), Terry warned me as we walked in that he might not remember me cuz he's been acting a little old-crazy lately, so I braced myself for the same conversations I used to have with Mamaw. I came in and the first thing he said to me was "Hey there little'un!" Ok, so he doesn't remember my name, but what of it! He does remember who I am and he imediately started asking me questions about school and stuffs. The next day he came to the house (he hasn't been here in YEARS) to congratulate me more on my graduation and patted me on the head. Now, you have to understand that that's pretty much the equivilant of getting recognition from my dad, and ya'll should know how important that is because I don't have one.

The other moment was at the ceremony, the best line of which happened during a speech given by a real southern woman who reminded me of Paula Deen, cept with an NC accent. She said "Now, my high school was so small that we used the same car for both driver's education and sex education." There was a tiny delay before the audience burst out in laughter. She brougth up Madison county too, and I was all "wooo!" and so were five other people in the audience...who just happened to be sitting next to my mom lol. Funny huh? But anyway...my next moment happened when they asked the parents to stand up because they're the reason we're here and what not. I got a little teary eyed because all I could think of was how my mom was able to rub my success in other relatives faces, she could now say "HEY! Look what came out of me!! I am NOT a bad mother!!" Her words, not mine lol.

No comments: