Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Lost faith in Cock-eyed Doctors

So I went to the Health Center after canceling Sushi 101 with Robyn *lament* Though I guess it isn't that bad, cuz I had a lot less money that originally thought....so I suppose that makes up for it. But anyway, yah...the Health Center.

I waddled my way up there and endured the anxiety of a strep test. I did ok though, no throwing up this time. After ward, the doctor had me come in and she looked at my throat, saying I didn't have strep, but my throat was really irritated. Her prescription was to take reg. Ibuprofen (cuz the 800mg are too effing huge to swallow, especially when you have a sore throat)...but get this...she wants me to take 4 caplets (equal to 800mg) THREE times a day. THREE. Ok...even I know that you can't do that. You go over 1600 and you runt he risk of a COMA. Jesus Christ. I just kind of ignored it and waited for her to stop talking so I could leave...and I made a comment about how it was interesting that this started right after the infection in my tooth started going away. She said that they couldn't be related (not that I was asking her opinion, it was just interesting timing), and that I just had "the throat virus that's been going around." Ok. So it's a virus? So shouldn't I be taking antibiotics to get rid of it? Ibuprofen is good for pain...but it isn't going to treat a virus.

Her glasses bothered me, they were VERY crooked.

I guess I'll be going to the doctor again when I go home.

1 comment:

Bert said...

Make sure your mother pays you for all the cleaning you are doing.
That's all I'm saying...