Thursday, July 26, 2007

O_O

So I'm reading Day Watch and a few chapters ago, there was reference to a Ramstein music video. Now, I was all kinds of proud because I recognized the description before he said the band's name, AND it's a video that I only saw ONCE at Katya's apartment. I'm pretty sure it never aired on MTV. Well now I want to share a passage with ya'll and don't worry, it doesn't contain any spoilers.

On page 279, our narrator has just met a witch named Alita:

"For a few seconds I watched the witch from behind. Her stylish silver jacket, the kind that mountin skiers and tourists wear...was decorated with a brightly colored image: a cartoon of a girl with big eyes and her foot thrust out in a kick, with the caption 'Battle Angel Alita.'"

OMG.

And to make this even more HOLY CRAP- there's a picture of Alita hanging above my head right now :D

God, I love Lukyaneko's references.

No comments: