Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Playing Games Can Save The Hungry

So last night I made it to another NaNo meeting. It was fantastic, ya'll just don't know. I'm all kinds of excited about the fact I've met new people (and made them lawl) and stuffs. During the meeting, Santiago told us about this site that she's gotten addicted to. It's called FreeRice.com. It's a word game. You guess the meaning of the words and expand your vocabulary. For each word you get right, the site donates 10 grains of rice to a starving family. 10 grains probably doesn't sound like much, but I think like 1,000 is a cup of rice. And a cup is a lot to a starving family. That's also only 100 correct answers.

My friends are all smart people...so get your asses to work on this site. Feed some people. Learn some things. It'll be great.

Oh, and tell everyone you know about this. Look at it as officially being tagged in the "Tell everyone and their mom about FreeRice.com" meme.

Seriously.

No comments: