Thursday, December 06, 2007

I HAVE to share this quote with you

I'm gonna share a quote from Dead Beat with ya'll. Don't worry, there are no spoilers. In fact, I won't even tell you who Harry's talking to in this scene. Just know that the book is written from Harry's POV.

"'Race me back. Beat me there, and I'll tell you.'
I blinked. 'What kind of kindergarten crap is that?'
His grey eyes flashed with anger. 'You want to know what it's like? Beat me down the beach.'
'Of all the ridiculous, immature, nonsense,' I said. Then I hooked a foot around *****'s calf, shoved him down to the sand, and took off down the beach at a dead sprint."

Yah. That made me lawl SO HARD.

2 comments:

Terri D. said...

lol, that is pretty funny.

Under Thy Tongue said...

lol. I agree. Isn't that why we love Harry? I mean, I haven't read a single book, but I love him anyway.